Okay, so I’m taking this post in a different direction. Mainly because I “misunderheard” the question. I’m going to write on shows I think should still be on the air. And for what it’s worth, I don’t want a reunion show. They always make me sad for the people involved and feeling old.
1. Arrested Development. No, I’m not starting off like Jeremy in the 80’s … mainly because I am able to look past the 80’s. I don’t live in the 80’s or the early 90’s, nor do I ski in attire from that era. Arrested Development was the best show ever. Let me rephrase that. Arrested Development was the best. show. ever. Smart, funny, little clues for the die hards who watched regularly, and a cast that makes me wistful just to think about … I miss this show dearly. When it was threatening to end, I sent out a petition for friends to sign. The same day I received one from my brother about saving the planet. Obviously, he has nobler goals. I just want my favorite TV show back. But not for one hokey show that will leave me wishing I had never seen anything beyond the last episode. I want Arrested Development back on the air on a regular basis. With all the original cast and writers. Pronto.
2. Freaks and Geeks. A reunion show would be silly since most of these actors refuse to work without at least three or four of the cast members of this show. Still…I’d love to see what happens to Lindsay Weir and her band of merry men.
3. The Wonder Years. I mean, aren’t they all? Why stop in the teenage years? I could use some pointers now…
I’m running into a problem. We weren’t really allowed to watch television when I was younger. I’m tapped out and I’ve already googled “80’s tv shows” and “90’s tv shows” and those I can remember have either done reunion shows, we know what they are up to, or a main character has died.
I’m going to freestyle now.
4. The 1986 Red Sox. I want to see what would happen if you got these guys together in a room for a few hours with a camera. Wait, I want a main room and a “confessional” – Real World style.
5. Two and a Half Men. Could this show go off the air already? I would be excited for a reunion show because it would mean it was over, Charlie Sheen might have stopped hitting women, doing hard drugs and being a general idiot, and that poor boy would no longer have to act like a kid or have to interact with Charlie Sheen any longer.